Friday, April 11, 2014

My Love From Another Star



Wow... just wow. I am just amazed about how many good dramas have come out lately. My list of FAVS has grown SO much these past couple of months. This has definitely made it up there in my top 10!

PLOT:
Do Min-Joon (Kim Soo-Hyun) is an alien that landed on Earth in the year 1609 during the Joseon Dynasty. As his spaceship is broken, he is stranded on the planet for the next four centuries. He possesses a near-perfect appearance, enhanced physical abilities involving his vision, hearing and speed, and a cynical, jaded view regarding human beings. In the present he works as a college professor and finds out that due to a comet coming in three months, he will be able to return to his home planet. In the meantime he accidentally meets famous actress Cheon Song-yi (Gianna Jun), the biggest Hallyu star in Korea, when she moves in next door to his luxurious apartment and also turns out to be attending his classes at college. Song-yi is an obnoxious, entitled attention seeker, someone who became a top star in her teens and never learned how to live a normal life.


In the first 3 mins you are already laughing. Cheon Song-yi (Gianna Jun) does a phenomenal job! When I heard she was in this drama I wasn't totally sure how it was going to play out, this being SO different than the action movies I have seen her in before, but she did a remarkable job!  Her character... where to start? She is very self-important, obnoxious, vain, extremely (gut-busting-ly) dumb, and she frequently talks to herself.


Do Min-Joon (Kim Soo Hyun) *sigh* I cannot tell you how much I adore this man! Every drama I have ever seen him in I could not help but fall in love with him, and this is no different. His character at the beginning is unfeeling, cold and cynical, but as this drama unfolds his inhuman hard heart melts and so does yours. There is a moment in this show where he breaks down and starts to cry. It was probably the most unbearable and tragic moment in a drama I have ever seen.


 This show weaves the most tragically beautiful love story I have ever seen in Korean Drama. I really loved the way that this show ended as well. They covered all the loose ends and made you thoroughly satisfied. The ending was a little sad, but was so distressingly romantic. I would absolutely without a doubt recommend this to anyone looking for something to help rekindle that little spark of impossible yet destined romance that is written in the stars.
I would give this a solid...
 
4 out of 5 Stars!!!

Now I now this is a little strange and definitely something I don't do ever but I seriously couldn't resist, and not only because its true :)

 
Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment