Sunday, April 13, 2014

BRIDE OF THE CENTURY


Okay so technically this is still airing but, it only has like 2 episodes more till it is over! I LOVE THIS SHOW SO MUCH!!!! Lee Hong Ki is one of my favorite actors!!!!! For those of you who have seen, "You're Beautiful" he plays the insanely adorable character Jeremy. The character he plays in this drama is so different from Jeremy that I wasn't even sure that they were the same person!! (The hair also threw me off) :)
 
 This show is so intense and has so many plot twists and turns. Every character/actor was truly amazing but I have to give a HUGE shout out to Yang Jin-Sung who plays our leading lady Na Doo Rim/Jang Yi-Kyung! She was SO freaking fantastic. In the beginning I didn't even know that were the same person! The characters that she plays are so completely different. Polar Opposites. The only shows that I have seen her in have been were she plays the "evil" / jealous/ crazy girl which she does an amazing job, but it was great to FINALLY see her play a charming, sweet, kindhearted character. She was truly incredible!

Jang Yi-Kyung

Na Doo Rim
 
PLOT: Taeyang Group is the largest conglomerate in South Korea. The Choi family who runs Taeyang has supposedly been under a curse for a hundred years that the first bride of the eldest son will always die. When the wealthy heiress Jang Yi-kyung disappears right before her wedding to chaebol heir Choi Kang-joo, Na Doo-rim, a lookalike impostor, is brought in to take her place. But unlike the cold and calculating Yi-kyung, Doo-rim is sweet and sunny, and Kang-joo falls genuinely in love with her. As the wedding plans progress, Kang-joo and Yi-kyung's mothers both scheme and plot behind the scenes.
 The only thing somewhat bad I have to say about this show is the lack of chemistry between the two leads. Now I know not everyone can be shooting sparks everywhere, but I felt like they needed just a tiney tiny bit more. The were really cute together, do not get me wrong it in no way effects how wonderful this show is, but I just wanted a little bit more!  
 
Even though this show still has 2 episodes left to air and I haven't seen the ending (you know how I am about those) so far I can easily give this show....
 
4 1/2 out of 5 stars!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment