Thursday, July 11, 2013

Playful kiss

 Playful Kiss

    


Oh Ha Ni is a sweet lively and happy high school student yet she is definitely not the sharpest crayon in the box.She has a crush on Baek Seung Jo, the smartest boy in school despite being chased loyally by Bong Joon Gu herself. When she confesses to Seung Jo through a letter, he brings it back to her, after grading it harshly and commenting that he hates stupid girls.When Oh Ha Ni's new house suddenly collapses her father's friend offers for him and Ha Ni to stay with them. Unknown to Ha Ni, her father's friend is actually Baek Seung Jo's dad.As they continue to live under the same roof and attend Parang University together, Ha Ni continues to show affection for Seung Jo although he seems to be more interested in the equally clever and beautiful Yoon Hae Ra.
I have got to say that this is in my top 5 of TV shows that I have ever watched!!!!! This show is also known as Mischievous Kiss, and it is rightfully named too! This show and I had a wonderful love hate relationship throughout the series. Then male lead in this show Baek Seung Jo, is a very smart and talented boy who is incessantly chased by the sweet and innocent Oh Ha Ni. Despite her steadfast and undying loyalty to Baek Seung Jo she is constantly rejected by him and is subjected to the cruel and heartless side of his personality. For this reason, my love for this show was always on the rocks. His endless torments and nasty words towards Oh Han Ni annoyed me, but for some reason I could not tear myself away from it, I was completely captured by this show. Every time he would repent by being nice to Oh Han Ni I would forgive him and get right back to loving this show.


This show never left me wanting more. It has a magical and whimsical start, which at first I was like, "What is this? This is not what I want!". But I pushed through it and was so happy that I did. The characters in this show were very comical and entertaining. I especially loved Baek Seung Jo's mother. She was hilarious. Her meddling and constant sneaking around left me thoroughly entertained.
I have to tell you that the love triangles in this show were unbelievably charming. Everyone of them lovable in their own ways. I couldn't decide which ones I wanted to root for! (Little tip about me, I am always silently rooting for the underdog!) 
Bong Joon Gu stole my heart from the minute I saw him! I loved his growth throughout this whole show. He went from a hopeless romantic (kinda weird) high school-er with not thoughts or plans for the future to a successful, thoughtful, caring and wonderful person. 
 I love his characters complete 360!
 
I cannot on the other hand say the same for anyone else in this show. That to me was of the things I did not like. The two main characters had no personal growth at all. They never changed, especially Baek Seung Jo! I was so hoping for him to suddenly become the prince charming that Oh Han Ni deserved. But he didn't. (And I still liked the ending!) Overall I really loved this show and I was in LOVE with the chemistry between the leads two leads in this show. 

 


I would give this an awesome...
4 out of 5 stars!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment