Saturday, July 20, 2013

K-Pop Extreme Survival

K- Pop Extreme Survival


Okay just a heads up for everyone, this show was cut short two episodes and therefore has a beyond sucky ending!!! I am going to tell you though that it was a great show but had the worst ending ever!!!!! So here is my breakdown...

The beginning of this show was very comical and gave you a pretty good idea of the comedy that lies in wait for you! 
When you first meet our leading lady, Seung Yeon, you instantly fall in love with her. Her personality is very different from most leading ladies in other dramas. She is very spunky, tough, cute, exciting, and very fun. 


The other leading man you meet is Ji Woo. He is a shy, sweet, loving, but very unconfident in himself. He has a very strong, sweet, and caring relationship with Ji Seung Yeon. Ji Seung Yeon often calls Ji Woo her wife because he is everything she isn't. It is almost as if Ji Woo is the girl and Ji Seung Yeon is the boy. Don't get me wrong though Ji Woo is very manly too, just not all the time! :)



Next you meet the Juniors!!! Oh how I love them! They are all very different and very fun!!! It is a group of 8 "boys" who are going through a "elimination" of sorts to find out who is the top 4. Then those top 4 join the big and famous M2 group. As a group they go through a lot of struggles and rough patches, even when the different members were going through rough patches they always stuck together and supported each other, even though they were competing against each other. I really liked that! Especially after they found out Seung Yeon was a girl! It took them a bit but they were awesome! 


Alright! Its time for the main leading man.... Woo Hyun!!! When you first meet him he is a total jerk!!! I absolutely loved to hate him. When Woo Hyun and Seung Yeon first meet it is gross but kinda funny, and I think that describes their relationship perfectly until Woo Hyun finds out she is actually a girl! 

As their friendship grows so does Woo Hyun. His character development is amazing! He goes from cold and cruel to soft, sweet, and seriously charming. After he found out about her being a girl, I was so impressed at his forgiveness, it was not what I was expecting. Their romance after that, although short was very sweet and cute. It was pretty cheesy but I loved it. I also loved how persistent Woo Hyun was with Seung Yeon, 
he never gave up. I Loved it!

 
Alright, now for what I didn't like about this show. I usually don't have any but there are a few....

1. How the show ended. 
I know that they cut the series short two episodes but still, they spent so much time on useless stuff that they left no room for the important stuff. Like the flashback of the Juniors past. That took up time they could have spent on other stuff like... How did they fans react once they found out she was a girl? How did the Juniors end up? Did they form their own group or were some eliminated and the rest made M2? How about Team Leader Han? There was just too many stories left unfinished.

2. What was with the flower girl? 
I seriously find no point with this. I know she played a little part in making Team Leader Han want to leave but that could have been accomplished differently. The whole thing was really weird.

3. MURDER?
This is so dumb. Why would you have wasted time with this? It is so pointless and does nothing for the story line. It would have changed nothing if they had left it out, which they should have. 

4. Ji Woo...
I am one of those people who always roots for the underdog so I was a little annoyed that they never gave Ji Woo another love interest. How did he end? Was he always pinning for Seung Yeon? Did he always stay by her side as a friend because he could never be more? 

Well that's it for me. I really did enjoy this show up to the last episode. The music was also really great. Most of the people who sang or play instruments are Idols themselves so that was pretty cool. The audition part of this show was fun because of all the different music. If you are looking for some mindless comedy with and easy story line to follow and some good music but don't mind the completely absurd ending, go for it! 

If they had finished it like they should have I would given this a 3 out of 5 stars but since they didn't, I am going to give it a....

 2 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment